My name is Christina Becerra and this is my blog! As I find hope and encouragement, my passion is to share it with the world so that maybe someone would be encouraged. The journey hasn't always "felt good", but I am thankful to say that the Lord has sustained me and spoken tenderly to me. My hope is that you would be open to His gentle whispers of steadfast love and peace as you walk through the valley.


August 26, 2010

Wow..

Right now, i'm sitting outside, sipping on my chai tea, and just thinking to myself 'WOW'. Not because of how good my tea is (good guess though) but because of how incredible our God is. I look back at my life a year ago and how different I was. I was literally sinking in my insecurity and experienced the lowest point of unworthiness that I've ever experienced. Little did I know that so much beauty would come from my pain. God literally took me, a broken girl that always covered up her brokenness by depending on an idol, and breathed into my spirit & gave me life. This seems like an easy process... but in reality, it felt like a dragging, grieving, hopeless period.. similar to the feelings of when a loved one dies. In order for him to breathe into me.. he had to kill the liar in me, the thief, the selfishness, the idols, the trust issues in order to replace it with truth, selflessness, joy and trust.

This is my hope for this year... to share this testimony with my younglives girls, friends, strangers, family, whoever. My testimony being a reflection of the gospel that God revealed to me and the desperate depth of need that I have for Him. Literally yearning for Him and wanting Him so badly that everything else is rubbish in comparison to the actual experience of Him. I know this because this is where I was exactly a year ago and nothing else would do.

Hearts are going to be changed this year. Lives and generations will be changed forever. It's going to be a monumental year & I can't wait for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment