My name is Christina Becerra and this is my blog! As I find hope and encouragement, my passion is to share it with the world so that maybe someone would be encouraged. The journey hasn't always "felt good", but I am thankful to say that the Lord has sustained me and spoken tenderly to me. My hope is that you would be open to His gentle whispers of steadfast love and peace as you walk through the valley.


June 1, 2011

to blog or not to blog, that is the question

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a hopeless lover for xanga and have fallen back to my roots of blogging again. Unlike my xanga days though, this blog will hopefully be filled with random thoughts, reflections, insights & revelations rather than passive aggressive emotional entries used solely to persuade people into feeling sorry for me. My mom calls this change in attitude "maturity". A bittersweet feeling shutters in my bones as she uses this word to describe me. Why might you ask? Well because only old people are mature... which means, I might ACTUALLY be getting older. Yikes, change has never been a light subject for me to handle (just forewarning you for the entries that MIGHT be coming. ex: wrinkles, first gray hair, missing teeth, stretch marks, marriage etc). haha.

Well, it's 3:44 am and I have Child Welfare in the morning to attend. I love starting my morning with a little bit of depressing stories on physical, sexual, & emotional abuse 1 in 9 children in the U.S. face/experience. It makes me want to get a happy meal right after class and frolic in a field of daisies.... NOT! haha, but I will admit, it is an interesting class & I am expanding in my self-awareness.. which according to Professor Jordan, this is "essential" when becoming a social worker. Good thing I have one more year until I graduate to become more self-aware. In fact, I think I JUST developed another "self-awareness" just by typing right now. Here it is: I am fully aware that staying up until.. well, now 3:47.. working on a blog is completely regrettable when waking up at 8 a.m. for class. I am aware that I should have gone to bed 5 hours ago but didn't because I couldn't figure out if I wanted "dream" or "send me on my way" as my first song on the playlist of my blogpage.

hhahah, ohhh boy, I can already tell this blog is going to be an interesting awakening.

No comments:

Post a Comment