My name is Christina Becerra and this is my blog! As I find hope and encouragement, my passion is to share it with the world so that maybe someone would be encouraged. The journey hasn't always "felt good", but I am thankful to say that the Lord has sustained me and spoken tenderly to me. My hope is that you would be open to His gentle whispers of steadfast love and peace as you walk through the valley.


October 16, 2012

My 2012 theme verse

Picture I took on camera phone of: Jessica Sabatini



So I have been repeating this verse to a lot of people because I have concluded that it is my "2012 theme verse".  I ran into a friend who had just gotten it tattooed and I just HAD to take a picture.  "The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still" exodus 14:14.

Truly, I began 2012 trying to fight all my battles-- and for those of you who are close to me, you know that those battles were heavy.  The battle of healing from sexual abuse, negative thoughts, and lies telling me that I am dirty, unclean and worthless.  Something beautiful happened though when I allowed God to fight my battles and to just rest in his love and saturate my mind in his truth.  I was truly able to be still while he fight this war that was waging for my destruction.  To be still.  To rest and "let" God.

I have now felt and experienced the remarkable joy of falling back and being caught in my Father's arms.  To be still in his presence while He fights the battle.  The power of his word rather than using my own human strength.  His grace is sufficient for me.

For once in my life, I feel like I am living and not merely just "surviving".  I have been redeemed.
I feel like I am breaking free and it makes me want to scream and laugh on a mountain top.

What is it that you've been battling with that the Lord has asked you to surrender to him and rest/be still in his unfailing love instead?  B/c trust me, the initial journey is hard at first... BUT IT IS SO WORTH IT as you see the Lord come through and win the battle!!

~C

No comments:

Post a Comment